The NEYAL Purchasing Consortium is a group of academic libraries, based in the North, East, Yorkshire and Midlands areas of England, which exists for the purpose of purchasing library materials and services to support teaching, learning and research at the most advantageous prices for the Consortium.
The objective of NEYAL is to secure library purchasing agreements in accordance with university and European Union (EU) purchasing requirements which offer best value to Consortium members and meet the Consortium’s specifications.
This is achieved by:
- Defining and managing a contract placement plan for appropriate purchasing agreements.
- Managing these agreements in accordance with legal and contractual requirements.
- Benchmarking pricing and service provision with other academic library consortia.
- Acting as a focal point for gathering and disseminating information on good purchasing practices for member libraries.
- Providing library staff with a forum to gain experience and improve expertise in procurement practices.